Hello Make It and Love It readers! Now that the Christmas season is over, the new year is just around the corner. I have the perfect idea for you; a New Year’s eve countdown kit.
Whether you decide to do this with your own family or deliver it to a neighbor, it makes such a fun New Year’s eve activity. The idea behind this New Year’s eve kit is that each hour you get to open a new activity or item.
It’s really up to you what you include in the kit. Some of the things I included are a bottle of sparkling cider, festive party horns, gold foil 2018 balloons, chocolate, and two printables to review the past year and make goals for the next one.
Each item has a sticker on it that specifies when to open each item. It is seriously such a fun way to ring in the new year, not to mention good motivation to stay up until midnight when all you really want to do is sleep :).
- 4 objects for each hour (I used sparkling cider, 2018 gold foil balloons, party horns, and chocolate)
- printable resolution sheet and year in review sheet (available for free download at the end of this post)
- container to hold items
- hour stickers
- “new years eve countdown” label
- metallic shredded paper
- First, print out all of the printables available for download at the end of this post.
- Fill the bottom of your container with some type of shredded paper. I used this silver one I found at the dollar store.
- Next, attach the “New Years eve countdown” sign to the front of the container
- Now place all of the items (at least the small ones) inside clear cellophane bags
- Now, place the hour labels onto all the objects and place them into your container.
It’s time to enjoy your New Year’s eve celebrations!! Leave a comment and let us know what you included in YOUR kit!
For another fun New Year’s ideas, check this out: