You guys…..I’ve missed you! And sharing the things that I’ve been making! But this holiday season has been little crazy. My fingers have been busy sewing and wrapping and painting and cutting…..but I just haven’t had time to share it all! I kinda blame a few things going on with my health that I’m trying to balance out, but I’ll get there. So soon, I’m sure of it! :)
But in case you’re like me and have been looking for a few quick gifts to buy for some neighbors, a few friends, some teachers, or co-workers…..and just haven’t been able to find ANYTHING, maybe today’s post will help!
I know there are only a few days left before Christmas but the last few days before Christmas is when I stop by friends and neighbors and deliver a simple little something from our family! And who doesn’t love a fresh batch of fragrant and soothing PEPPERMINT SUGAR SCRUB!! The good news — this only takes a few minutes to make!
This sugar scrub is made with coconut oil…..which makes the scent kind of amazing. The peppermint scent definitely steals the show but there’s a sweet coconut undertone that is pretty perfect!
I also created a quick little label to place on top, with directions on how to use it, in case your recipient isn’t familiar with using a sugar scrub! (printable templates down below)
I have tested many different measurements for making this sugar scrub and I prefer one that’s not too soupy. I really love this combination of measurements and while the sugar gently exfoliates all of that dry winter-time skin, the coconut oil leaves your skin SO soft!
I’ll be delivering these Peppermint Sugar Scrub jars for Christmas gifts (to the kids’ teachers and a few friends), but this would be a perfect and thoughtful gift, any time of year! :)
There’s just something about a little jar of homemade love…..that just warms the heart! :)
Would you like to make your own jars of Peppermint Sugar Scrub?
Even if you don’t give any away and just want some for yourself……you’re going to love it!
Peppermint Sugar Scrub Supplies:
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Peppermint Oil (I bought this peppermint oil (not extract) from amazon….other brands may require more or less oil in your recipe)
- 2/3 cup Coconut Oil (I buy organic virgin coconut oil for some of my baking that is a semi-solid depending on the temperature of my house…and it worked great!)
- Red food coloring (optional…you could always leave your sugar scrub pure white)
- 16 oz Mason jars (HERE are the small standard ones I use for so many projects but I also bought THESE squatty ones with a wide opening that hold the same amount…because it’s easier to get the sugar scrub out with your fingers. But check your local stores too….might be cheaper.)
- Sugar Scrub Labels, regular and wide mouth lid included —> HERE
- Gift Tag template —> HERE
To make one 16 ounce jar of sugar scrub, pour one cup of sugar into one bowl and one cup of sugar into the other. Then place 1/3 cup of coconut into each bowl.
Add 3/4 teaspoon of peppermint oil into each bowl. Mix well again.
Into one of your bowls, add one drop of red food coloring. Mix well.
Now, begin layering your pink sugar scrub into your jar, pressing it down into an even layer with something flat.
Add your white layer next and repeat.
Repeat until your jar is full.
Print off the round black labels (linked above) and glue to the mason jar lid (without the ring). Place on top, add your ring and then tie with twine and a little pine twig. You can also use the little tags I made (linked above) and just write in your name in (I left my name off for you, haha!).
And that’s it! Done in minutes….and ready to either use, or give away!