I have had several requests for an art smock tutorial. And the timing was perfect…..since we needed one in our home.
But she hasn’t had clothing protection until now.
Keep in mind that you can create whatever size you’d like. Even one for you. However, the dimensions given were created for an almost 3 year old.
- a piece of fabric that is 15 x 40 inches (I used cotton)
- a piece of fabric that is 8 x 15 inches
- a piece of fabric that is 3 x 35 inches
- 2 packages of double folded bias tape. (I bought the narrow but I think next time I’d buy one package of narrow and one package of wide. Attaching the bias tape over the riffles turned out hard with the narrow tape.)
- Several feet of narrow ribbon
- 5 inches of wide ribbon
Now, attach some bias tape around the neck, sewing slowly as you curve it around the circle. Then sew a seam right down the center of the pocket…..turning that one big pocket into two. Make sure to backstitch several times at the top and the bottom of that seam.