Our stockings were hung, new jammies were unwrapped, tales of baby Jesus were shared, every Christmas tune sung……….and then 3 very anxious kiddos were tucked happily into bed.
Then, the magic of Christmas occurred. Late into the night.
**image from my instagram account….want to see other Christmas images from the past week or so? Click the link.
From our snow sprinkled home, to yours……….I hope you’re all having a very Merry Christmas! (And Happy Holiday season!!)
. . . . . . .
My heart aches for those who have lost someone very dear to you………especially right at this time of year. Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you, no matter your aches during this season. I truly wish you the best day possible today. And I know many have talked about, blogged about, tweeted about, etc…the horrific events that took place in Connecticut a couple weeks ago. In case you’re looking for a way to help, here are a few ideas:
- A beautiful auction is going on right now to help raise money for all the victims of the Sandy Hook shooting. Tiffany, from Tiny Seamstress Designs, is hosting the auction and there’s a large number of really great things being auctioned off. ALL proceeds go directly to the families of the victims.
- United Way has created a Sandy Hook School Support Fund if you’d like to provide support services to the families and community that has been affected.
- The National PTA is collecting hundreds of thousands of snowflakes and will completely decorate Sandy Hook Elementary before the kids come back to school in January. Make some and send them off to help create a winter wonderland for the sweet children who have been through a lot.
- Danbury Hospital has partnered with other local counseling agencies and is providing 24 hour counseling services to those affected by the tragedy.
- And lastly, love on your sweet family today. Pull them in close…..and tell them how blessed you feel to have them right here with you. -Ashley