First of all………..anyone who hasn’t already, be sure to enter the Hellmann’s/BlogHer giveaway here for $100 to cooking.com. (This giveaway isn’t very full…..so your chances are lookin’ good!) You could use that gift card on yourself or for Christmas gifts. Who doesn’t like a pot, pan, or kitchen gadget of some kind?!!
. . . . .
Okay, this is kind of random but I keep hearing more and more of you are from Colorado. In fact I just met the cutest girl with darling children on Sunday who was visiting my church and who also knows about this crazy Make It and Love It blog……….and then I didn’t even catch her name. Ack! (Hi again!! And sorry. Next time we’ll have to run out to the parking lot and chat. It’s much quieter out there! Ha.) Anyway, it just reminded me that there are lots of you readers here in this area. Why in the world do you not live in my neighborhood?!!
Anyway, I should have done this while in GA (so sorry my Georgia friends) but does anyone want to meet up in the Denver, Colorado area? (Yeah, that’s the U.S……..but if any of you want to fly in from overseas, you are more than welcome to. But I can’t promise that this would be worth the airfare. Ha.) Maybe in a couple months or so?
The end of January? Maybe February? I really wanted to do something in December……but there is just so much holiday stuff going on, it’s just too busy of a month. And, I don’t actually live in Denver but I’m willing to drive.
This is so informal and nothing is actually planned. I just keep thinking I would love to meet up with some of you that live near me. And I don’t know……….make something, talk about making something, or pretend we’re going to make something and just chat. Whatever works.
And hey, if only one of you were available, it would be worth the drive. I just thought it would fun to do a little meet up.
But before I go any further, is anyone interested? I can’t guarantee sparklers or fancy decorations……..and I promise you it won’t look like this:
(But aren’t those flowers gorgeous?!)
…….but I just thought it would be a good excuse to meet other semi-local readers/crafters (and please, if you don’t actually craft and just read the blog for fun……I would totally love to chat with you as well). And then some of you could meet each other too…….and hold your own little chatty/craft groups. Hmmmm…….thoughts?
And as long as I’m asking questions:
- Would you like to make something?
- Have a Q&A? (I have all sorts of secrets…..okay, not really.)
- Talk about project fails? (I have plenty)
- Have a fabric/craft supply exchange?
- Share sewing traditions? Or favorite sewing supplies?
- Eat treats? (sorry, but this one is a must!!)
- Meet at some swank restaurant and just eat and gab?
- Compare shoe sizes? Toe nail polish? Ummm…..favorite dish soap?
Okay, and a few bigger questions:
- Does anyone know of a good gathering place in Denver, CO? Maybe a reception hall, a conference room, a, uh, …..I don’t know. A really big bathroom lobby? ;)
- Does anyone own such a venue? (let me know your prices)
- Or would most of you just prefer meeting at a restaurant?
- And how is the end of January looking? Or February?
- Does anyone have an opinion on a weekend or a weeknight? (I’m thinking a Saturday…)
Anyway, am I the only one who wants to see who else is in the area? (And those of you out-of-towners? Maybe in a year from now, we could do something fun like this in Dallas or LA or Boston. I don’t know. We can dream, right?
I know this is random and totally unplanned……but I am the best un-planned party thrower. Ever. ;) They are the least stressful, right? Let me know if you’re interested or potentially interested. This could be fun!
**And please remember that there will be no hand sewn appliqued table cloths, triple dipped homemade chocolate truffles, or fancy bunting with everyone’s name on it.
Key words: Low Key.
Enjoy the rest of your day.
(I have a bathroom to clean and a sick little one to tend to who will be waking up from his nap soon. You?)