I can’t believe it…….’No-Sew Love’ is officially released TODAY, August 5th!!!!
And on shelves.
And ready to be shipped out (even though many have already received their books).
***Click any of the links below to order.
I have joked that this book has been my 2nd baby of the summer (here’s the 1st one, baby Oliver)……but the gestation period for this whole book process has been killer! Good thing human babies don’t need years to cook like this book has — or we would have a world full of completely ornery pregnant women!
But, joking aside, it was all worth it to see this sweet thing completely finished. All 256 pages of her!
In case this if the first time you’re seeing any mention about my very first book (which contains 50 step-by-step photographed projects, all constructed without sewing one single stitch), there’s a whole lot more about No-Sew Love, here.
Inside the book, I share my very favorite supplies for creating the projects within the book. Here are some of the most used items, all available at craft and fabric stores (and even online). No secrets here (and no, none of these are sponsored)….just a few brands that I have had the most success using.
- DOUBLE SIDED FUSIBLE ADHESIVE TAPE, 1/2-inch and 1/4-inch widths: I have tried many, many brands and my absolute favorite, hands-down, is Steam-A-Seam 2 Double Stick Fusible Web Tape. It’s slightly sticky, which helps it temporarily stay in place until you’re ready to iron it permanently in place. I used the 1/2 inch and 1/4 inch widths throughout the book and I like having them both on hand. I have found this brand to be available in many craft stores and several places online.
- HOT GLUE GUN AND GLUE STICKS: I have used many glue guns, and I don’t necessarily feel that one brand is better than another. However, I strongly encourage buying one that has two heat options. Glue sticks that aren’t heated up fully are sometimes useless and don’t fully bond to the surface you’re working with. The brand that I have used for years, is AdTech, for both the glue gun and the glue sticks.
- FUSIBLE ADHESIVE SHEETS: The brand that I prefer and use the most is Thermoweb Heat’n Bond iron-on adhesive. It comes in rolls or in folded sheets and lasts a long time. (This brand offers a variety of types but I have always used the “sewable” type so that I can use it for both sewing and no-sew projects.)
- FREEZER PAPER: This stuff was designed to wrap around meat before placing it in the freezer. However, crafters discovered its usefulness when they figured out that it would iron temporarily to fabric, creating precise templates and pattern pieces. One side is paper, while the other has a glossy finish and adheres quickly to fabric with the use of a heated iron. Freezer paper is generally found in the grocery store, near the foil, plastic wrap, and wax paper.
- SNAPS AND SNAP HAMMER TOOL: This is my preferred tool for attaching snaps. It’s a long metal shaft that has a round end that fits over one side of the snap pieces. You hit the hammer at the top of the shaft, and the round end helps compress your two snap pieces together. I have purchased snaps with the included hammer tool from many craft/sewing stores (in a variety of brands) but haven’t had as much luck finding it online.
- EPOXY GLUE: My favorite brand is Amazing Goop, Craft. It’s permanent, waterproof, dries pretty quickly, and is paintable.
- DECOUPAGE SEALER: This is a glue, sealant, and varnish, all in one. It works as an adhesive but is also great to apply over things to give them a nice sealed finish. My favorite brand is Mod Podge, and matte is the variety I use the most and for most surface types.
. . . . .
Anyway, if you already own ‘No-Sew Love’, I’d love to hear what you think. And if you’ve made anything, SHOW ME! Email me a picture, tag me on Instagram (@makeitandloveit), or send me on message on Facebook.
Oh, and if you buy the book from Amazon and would like to leave a customer review, I would LOVE that! You can do that here. (Just scroll down to the “review” section.) Matter of fact, most online retailers have a “review” section. So if you have a second, share what you think! :)
. . . . .
Okay, now for a little fun!
I’m giving away 5 copies of ‘No-Sew Love’……..plus lots of other goodies that I gathered up! Because if I were to give this book away as a gift (which is exactly what I will be gifting for all upcoming Christmas/birthdays/annivesaries/etc), this is what I would give right along with the book. You know, to make it more complete! :)
The extras are some of my favorite (and most used) ‘No-Sew Love’ supplies……and will surely help you out as you try a few projects from the book!
1 one of you will be receiving the mother-load……..a copy of “No-Sew Love” PLUS 10 extras!!
2 of you will be receiving……..a copy of “No-Sew Love” PLUS 3 extras!!
And 2 of you will be receiving ……..a copy of “No-Sew Love” PLUS 1 extra!! (This is my very favorite no-sew adhesive. And is way better than any other brand you’ll try. Promise. :) )
To enter, be sure to fill out the form below:
And thanks again for all the love and encouragement while writing this book. It has sure been a journey…….but the support (and virtual hugs and high-fives) has been incredible. And really uplifting. So, thanks again for hanging in there while I was busy editing trillions of pictures. Okay, that’s an exaggeration…..maybe just millions! ;)
Now just give me one little second while I Iet out a big ol’ sigh of relief! So happy to see this whole concept come together as one complete book. Ahhhhhh……it’s FINISHED!
And good luck with the giveaway!